The Agility Mindset uniquely presents and defines the business value of workforce agility in the UK for the first time.
Written by Fiona Cannon OBE, one of the UK’s most eminent workplace diversity experts, The Agility Mindset presents an unrivalled wealth of unique research, opinions and practical solutions from leading business leaders, supported by case studies from organisations across all sectors.
For the first time, The Agility Mindset:
- presents unique research that demonstrates that, in the areas reviewed by the AFF, agile working practices are currently generating value equivalent to 3 – 13% of workforce cost with the opportunity to generate further value equivalent to 3 -7% of workforce costs
- brings together case studies of real deployments of agile working practices, contributed by CEOs of various AFF members, including Ford of Britain, KPMG, Lloyds Banking Group, ITV, BT and Yorkshire Building Society
- argues that the productivity gains at a company level achieved by AFF members suggest that more widespread use of agile working practices could lead to improvements in the UK’s productivity
- Presents tools, developed by and tested on AFF founder members, to assess the value of agile working practices; including an Agile Readiness Index and the Business Value Assessment (BVA) which uniquely starts with the needs of the organisation, and focuses on quantifying organisational benefits
- Provides practical advice on how to overcome barriers to the implementation of agile working practices – the majority of which are internal to organisations, and can be resolved or avoided with careful planning
- Hears from the AFF CEOs and chairmen about the future of work in a volatile, uncertain and complex world where an agile mindset is a formidable competitive advantage
Praise for The Agility Mindset
‘No one reading The Agility Mindset will be in any doubt that workforce agility is a crucial element of a successful 21st century business.’ – Sir Winfried Bischoff, Chairman, Financial Reporting Council and Chairman, JP Morgan Securities plc
‘This significant book provides an overwhelming case for change and by turning the traditional approach to flexibility on its head, provides senior executives with an innovative and creative solution to a live business issue.’ – Adam Crozier, Chief Executive, ITV plc
‘The Agility Mindset provides a compelling case for a new approach to agile working. But more than that, it outlines a step by step guide which can transform the way organisations work to the benefit of both employers and employees.’ – Andrew Bester, Chief Executive, Commercial Banking, Lloyds Banking Group plc
Published 31 January 2017